I’m exactly one month into the Jellyfish Hexie quilt project – and I’m happy to report I have over half of the hexies made already! I need just over 2000 pieces, just counted today and I’m at 1,042!
This is the point where I try to cement my other colorways. Here is what I have for the tentacles so far:
yellow, light grey, red-orange, aqua, light orange, pink, green, and light purple at this point… but I still may change my mind. I only need 40-50 pieces for each tentacle, so I can make up a few other colorways and have some to choose from.
Thanks Juline, Cherri, and Cath… I think I now have all the blue fabrics I need for this project!
Getting these little packets of scraps was so exciting – very much like a birthday that never ends.
This week, I also started cutting into my next project. I’m calling it: *SPQ*
It’s a quilt of which I am unsure of how it will come out… a test of sorts. I started by picking my fabrics and cutting 10.5″ rough squares.
They will be paired up, to make 22 sets. They will be starched and ironed, then will be cut down to 10″ squares – then I can start sewing. Since this is a work in progress, or maybe more of a thought in process, I’m just going to share what I’m doing as I go along.