dragon quilt EPP hand quilting Hexie Hummingbird No.2 Hexie Hummingbird Quilt hexie tutorial hexies Jelly Hexie Quilt modern quilting squid quilt Stripped Down Patchwork Uncategorized

Hexie Patterns – Ready!

I’ve been working hard over the last month or so to create patterns for all of my hexie quilts and projects, and I finally finished them all! I have them up at where they might be seen a bit more than here. I’m really happy with the work I put in, I think they’ll […]

dragon quilt EPP hexies squid quilt

The Squid Hexie Pattern

I’m so excited to have this pattern ready to share! I started the Squid quilt in 2010 after going to my first PMQG meeting and learning¬†about English Paper Piecing (EPP). We practiced basting hexagons (hexies) and the possibilities I imagined in quilt patterns was so inspiring, I went home and designed the Squid that night! […]

dragon quilt Uncategorized

Wood Dragon EPP Hexie Quilt Pattern

dragon quilt EPP modern quilting paper piecing

Hexie Quilt Patterns

I’m making some progress over here! I have a new page on this blog called “Hexie Portal“. I’m hoping it will be a good resource for tips and tricks for hexie stitching. I have a few links listed there with tutorials I’ve written in the past. I’m also sharing new illustrations that show my stitching […]

dragon quilt free motion quilting hexies paper piecing patchwork Portland

So Much…

There is just so much to write about.  I guess that’s what happens when you don’t blog for as long as I have. We are now in our new home, working from our new studio (we print t-shirts), and I even have a new sewing space!  Everything is still in boxes, so no great ‘new […]