Interlaced Orbs Quilt Pattern - Downloadable PDF - 14 pages.
Finished Quilt Size: 76" x 76" or 52" x 52"
Intermediate Pattern - Skills needed:
- Accurate scant 1/4" seam allowance
- Accurate rotary cutting
- Chain piecing
- Curved piecing - paper templates included
- Finishing skills: additional borders, basting, quilting, binding
Pattern uses Half Square Triangles. HST blocks have option for extra fabric so you can trim to size.
There is a scrappy version and a simplified version to this quilt. The scrappy version is great for scrap busting fabrics, and uses mostly 2½” squares with a few 3⅛” squares.
The simplified version eliminates many seams and steps in the pattern, but has different fabric requirements and cutting directions, and will look different than the full scrappy quilt on the cover.
• There are 4 basic colorways, for the scrappy version, try using as many different fabrics as possible for each colorway - and keep each colorway distinct from the other three.
• The background and the circles should contrast greatly from each other.
• The interlaced colored stripes should be similar in value, but different from background and circles.