Being Productive

quilting

I got a little bug up my butt to finish my “Unbe-weevil-ble” quilt last weekend, and I was super productive by focusing on it as if it were a job. I gave myself two days to finish the quilt back, and I got it done!  Here it is on the floor, taking up even more space in our living room.

quilt back layout on floor

You can see the Jellyfish sitting up on a design board on a table above the quilt back I’m working on. That top area is all stitched up, I’m ready for the next row of hexies – I’ll be bringing it to the PMQG meeting tonight, along with the stuffed round blue guy I stole from my daughter to use as a work surface.

jellyfish hexies in process

I had yet to baste a quilt in my new house. Figuring out how to baste that big quilt proved to take a bit of time in problem solving. I ended up sticking with spray baste, which is my favorite basting method, and just laying out bed sheets to catch any runaway spray. I did it on our basement floor which is carpeted and padded, so I couldn’t tack it down… but it still worked!

free motion quilting

Started working on the quilting yesterday – it will take a little time, I’m just doing (somewhat) straight line quilting at an angle – I think it will look good, and I can do it on my Singer! Unfortunately, I will NOT be able to finish this quilt for the meeting tonight… next month!

2 thoughts on “Being Productive”

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.