I’m just about finished with the background blocks of my rooster piece! Today I’m starting the bottom 6 blocks which include greens and the brown of the fencepost… then it’s onto putting them all together ~ I’m pretty excited!
Of course, I started running out of pretty yellows so I used some lighter ivory colors where the rooster is going to sit ~ that won’t be seen anyway. The paper piecing is working out really well, takes some time… but my points are looking great! I hope the blocks all fit together as nicely as the smaller pieces did.
I decided I’m going to wait to pick edging colors until all the patchwork and appliqué is done. I’m thinking of using an old screen printing frame to mount this onto… still not sure how I’m going to do that…. but, I have plenty of time to think about it. It took over a week and a half to get these few blocks done! Of course, I don’t spend every waking hour working on this either ~ I still have to do regular work, and I have to make most of my own food. While this may not seem like much, it takes a nice chunk out of my days, and sewing sometimes is low on the priority list.
Luckily for me, I have some free time this evening for just a sewing venture. I hope to get the last 6 blocks created and start putting the whole thing together soon!